Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Luckily for Southern California kids, the weather has finally cooled off. I have had the windows in the house open for two days now, as it has been cooler, breezier, and even a little rainy. That's the way it has to be on Halloween. My memories of trick-or-treating as a kid all involve me having an elaborate costume on UNDER my winter coat! (And many times an umbrella had to be added to the ensemble!) On Wednesday afternoon as it was once again 90 degrees, I thought of how weird it would feel to have it that warm on Halloween. Luckily, today has turned out to be just the kind of day I like for this holiday, cool and a little dreary. Perfect!

Maxwell and I have had a busy week. Even though we didn't get to see "Aunt" Erynn since she was out of town, we stopped in for a beverage at Starbucks. This kid loves it there, and I am sure he will know the store and appreciate it more once he'll be able to have a treat when we go.
As for now, it's just fun to sit in the big chair!

Photobucket

We also had our 7 month photo shoot. He hasn't grown at all since the 6th month photo, so this one doesn't look much different, but I think he does get cuter each time!

Photobucket

His Mr. Bear scrapbook is now more than half way done! I can't believe how fast this time has gone by! If you look closely at the picture, though, you can see those two little teeth that are poking out! That's right; Maxwell had #2 break through two days ago. No fuss, just there it was! We are so lucky to have such an easy-going baby!

Photobucket


Photobucket

Griffin and Tucker have been really great with the baby ever since we brought him home. They didn't necessarily welcome him with open...paws...but they tolerated him. Yet now as Maxwell gets bigger and can start to do things with them, I think they like him more. When Maxwell sits on the floor playing with his toys, Tucker will bring one of his toys over and drop it in his lap, wanting to play fetch! Mommy has to be quick to be the one to throw, though, otherwise that dog toy will end up right in Maxwell's mouth! And Griffin is very possessive. He barks like crazy at visitors if he doesn't know them well, and wherever Maxwell and I go, Griffin is never far behind. Even during our photo shoot, Griffin was sitting close by. This is one of my favorite shots from the day:

Photobucket

Today we went to the pumpkin patch to get our pumpkins. I just got little ones because we can't carve one with Maxwell quite yet. He had a bit of an allergic reaction to the sugar pumpkin he ate a few weeks ago, so our pumpkins will have faces drawn on, instead of carved. Hopefully as he gets a little older he won't be allergic to them, but for now, everything goes straight into the mouth, and we'll have to hold off this year. He seems a little wary, don't you think?

Photobucket

Maxwell didn't seem to happy to be in the center of an entire patch of pumpkins either, but I couldn't resist posting this photo:

Photobucket

He definitely gets his chubby cheeks and that big lower pouty lip from me!

More photos later after we go trick-or-treating tonight and tomorrow!

No comments: